For those of you that know me well know that January is a difficult month for me. This is my attempt at trying some self therapy on coping with this time.
I was born 34 winters ago on the 23rd coming up. However, almost 8 years ago on the 11th my mother passed unexpectedly due to an overdose on antidepressants. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the funeral wasn't until the 24th leaving the viewing on the 23rd... Kind of a crappy birthday present if you ask me.
Dealing with death has it's own issues but it makes celebrating anything much more difficult. I've done better each year dealing with her passing but my birthday is another thing. I know she wouldn't want me to pass it off like I do so I am going to use this venue to remember why my birthday should be joyful.
This being simply my introductory blog (and that I've spent an hour trying to figure out how to do so from my DROID), I will cut it short. Please stay tuned for some humor and emotions and maybe in the process maybe help someone else deal with their own struggles of loss.
Jewels
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
No comments:
Post a Comment